Good morning to you all!
I was nominated by the wonderful Evelyn, of Evelyn Reads, for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Every time I see she’s posted something new, I have to hop right over and read it because she shares such great insights AND is great at convincing me to add books to my reading list, lol.
Evelyn always puts a big smile on my face. 😀
The Rules are simple:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award in your post/or on your blog.
Do you ever feel second-hand embarrassment when reading? If yes, name a scene that really made you cringe?
I think this has happened a time or two, actually, yeah. I can’t think of a specific scene, but it’s usually when a male author is trying to write a teenage girl and, clearly, doesn’t know how they think or act, lol.
One example of this, and it’s still a REALLY good series, is The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. Such an amazing series, but there were moments you could tell it was a grown man, writing how he thought a teenage girl would behave/think/etc etc.
If you could have one item of clothing from a book, what would you pick? Be aware that any magical properties won’t transfer to our world.
Magical properties won’t transfer, huh? In that case, I think I’ll choose either a Silmaril (I know, bad choice) or a wand from Harry Potter. I know they won’t have magic, but they’d still be really cool conversation pieces!
What book would you love to see adapted?
What is your most recent book purchase?
Lol, actually I purchased three books for my mother’s birthday just last month! She’d been wanting to read some of the METRO books and I was really happy that I found them for her. 😀
What is your favorite bookish trope?
Magical libraries, I think. That, and probably soulmate stuff… LOVE soulmate stuff!
What is your biggest bookish pet peeve?
Price tags and damaged spines. Hate them.
What would you like to see more of in books?
I’m a sucker for found families and would murder to have more books with this… for now, I’ll continue getting my fix from fan fiction, lol.
What is the first book you ever read by yourself?
Had to ask my mother, lol, but it was the picture book adaptation of Walter Farley’s The Black Stallion. I really should have guessed that one.
Recommend a book that you think does not get enough love!
The Cure by Sonia Levitin is one of those books that never really lets you go. It comes back to you at the strangest of times and the impact it’s had on my life is crazy. I suggest it to just about every person I meet.
Do you loan your books to friends/family?
Most certainly! I love to share my favorites with my friends and family… if I’m lucky, they’ll get hooked as well, lol.
What is a post you’re proud of? (link it!)
I’m really pleased with my Knittering posts, where I get to natter on about my experiences knitting. 🙂
- What do you listen to on your commute?
- Do you have any hobbies besides reading?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What’s the last book you read?
- Do you prefer hardcover or paperback?
- What is your Hogwarts House?
- Do you agree with the Sorting Hat’s decision?
- Capes or no capes? (did you get that reference?)
- Do you have a song you associate with a book or book series?
- Given the option, would you live in the city or in the country?
- What’s your favorite flavor of ice-cream?