Before I started in my current library position, I worked for a hospital in their pediatric unit for about two and half years…
We have this device at the hospital that I work at called a Voelté phone, which is basically an older iPhone that comes preloaded with a secure messaging and phone system from the Voelté company. Nurses are required to carry this phone at all times while on the clock and, let me tell you, it can sometimes be REALLY annoying for them to have another thing to keep track of during their shift.
On my floor, the Unit Coordinators are responsible for handing out these phones and, in an attempt to make it a little bit more fun for the nurses, I have started to give each person their own unique emoji…
An “emoji horoscope” if you will.
Here are just a few of the emojis that I have given out:
- 👾 – Lindsey is a hip, gamer girl. A cool chick.
- 💥 – Sarah H is a firecracker, dedicated mom, and fun-to-hang-out-with kinda girl.
- 🥂 – Shannon B is the life of the party!
- 👶 – Taylor is mom to one super amazing little boy, who she loves to pieces.
- 🥋 – Kayla is very sweet, but also super strong. She knows all kinds of martial arts.
- 🍭 – Laura is just a sweety!
- 👩👧👦 – Allison is many things, but loving mother of two is her heart.
- 🧜♀️ – Staci is one unique chick.
- 👸🏼 – Montee is super classy and smart.
- 🍔 – Ashley is the Cheeseburger to my Bacon and Eggs for half price.